Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Marcona Almonds

Thanks to a recent trip to Trader Joe's, I now have a new vice. I discovered the deliciousness that is marcona almonds. What makes these different from regular almonds you might ask. Well, in addition to being grown in Spain, they are fried in oil and salted, the result of which is a treat that is pretty much like crack. Once I start eating them, I can't stop until they are gone.

The problem comes in that they are high in saturated fat and monounsaturated fat. And that they are expensive. Joe's sells a 6 oz bag for just under $5, and if you look at the link above, that's a relative bargain. And since I have no will power to resist buying more when I visit Joe, it is becoming a serious threat to both my finances and my waist line. If Joe doesn't run out of them soon, I'm in serious trouble.

No comments: