Monday, March 24, 2008

Pizza

I have got an insatiable craving for pizza right now. I haven't had any in a long time, and the natural desire to alleviate that oversight has been compounded by a variety of outside stimuli to create a nearly overpowering craving.

It started a week ago when Shelvis began waxing poetic over lost pizzerias. And the mention of Spiro's got me salivating like Pavlov's dog. That simmered for almost a week until yesterday when I was told about the Northlake Tavern and Pizza House. And the double team I faced was simply unfair. It started with, "I heard this place is supposed to be really good." Upon hearing that, someone else chimed in with a detailed description of how good it really is. It was at this moment that pizza became an all consuming obsession.

That's when I made the mistake of looking up their web site. I see that their large pizza is over 6 pounds. 6 pounds! And reading that they have specially made pepperoni and the freshest toppings that money can buy, I am unable to think of anything else. Can it really be that good? I'm now beginning to fear that I have built it up in my mind enough that I will inevitable be disappointed. I think it was C.S. Lewis that said that true happiness comes from the desiring of something, not in obtaining it. Yet despite this, I swear to you that I will one day obtain this pizza.

Even now I'm conjuring images of Uno's Pizza that I had on a trip to Michigan. That was some exceptionally delicious pizza. I typically prefer a thin crust, but Uno's deep dish was a truly enlightening experience. If you can get your hands on some of that, I highly recommend it. I had some Chicago style pizza from another place in Dearborn that was really good too, but can't remember the name of it now. I'll have to do some further research and find out the name of it.

Until I can get some pizza in me, feel free to let me know of any other good pizza places that I should check out.

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Northlake Tavern is really good pizza. I think it's been featured on Evening Magazine's top lists before. Jane took us there when everyone from her team got laid off. It was really good. I especially liked the artichokes on the pizza. YUMMY!

Unknown said...

Ew, artichokes. I'll pass on that. I don't eat any vegetables that start with the letter A. That includes avacados even though I think they are technically a fruit since they grow on a tree.