Monday, March 03, 2008

Eco Terrorism

Tired of being ignored by rational people, environmental nuts have started turning to acts of terrorism. This morning, a group called the Earth Liberation Front burned down 3 homes in Woodinville built for the street of dreams because they aren't as environmentally friendly as claimed. I don't know at what point we progressed beyond the capacity for rational thinking in this country, but something has to be done.

It goes without saying that the people responsible are idiots. How they can not realize that these houses are insured and will be rebuilt, using yet more natural (and unnatural) resources. I guess I don't really need to explain to intelligent human beings how stupid and thoughtless this whole thing is, and it goes without saying that those people reading my site are automatically categorized in the intelligent column. So I'll stop with all of the reasons that this is stupid.

That being said, something needs to be done to quash the idea that acts of terrorism are an acceptable way to get people to pay attention to your stupid opinions. I'm normally opposed to vigilante justice, but I'm willing to turn the other way if you know of any ELF members that need to be dealt with.

The whole thing reminds me of the movie V For Vendetta, and that's why I hated the movie. I find it disturbing that there are people trying to convince themselves and others that there is any justification for terrorism.

4 comments:

Shawn said...

I expect more Scott. Don't believe the news for one second. These home would have never sold in this housing market and were surely insured for much more than any bargain basement offer they would have gotten. Then? Who more convenient to blame it on than radical hippies?
blah blah blah
Shelvis

Unknown said...

The point of the street of dreams homes is not to sell them, but to demonstrate the quality craftsmanship of the builders, so burning them down defeats that purpose.

Your wacky conspiracy theories are getting out of hand. You need to lay off the weed and find yourself some employment.

Shawn said...

these homes have been sitting haplessly on the market since the Street of Dreams ENDED last summer. Tell me these builders aren't desperate as balls to unload these properties. Desperate enough to cook up some horseshit and blame the radical hippies? not completely out of the question I say. I'm only on coffee right now I swear.

Unknown said...

I guess we'll have to disagree on this one. I really don't buy that at all. Particularly since I don't believe all of the houses were built by the same builder. I could be mistaken, but I believe that all of the street of dreams houses are built by different companies. So it doesn't make sense to me that 3 of them were torched if it was just someone looking for an insurance bailout. Add to that the fact that ELF burned down a similar house on Camano Island 2 years ago, and a UW building 6 or 7 years ago, and it's much more likely to me that it is ELF.

And what was just annoying was them referring to them as "McMansions". I can't tell you how sick I am of idiots slapping "mc" in front of a word and thinking they are clever.