Thursday, March 27, 2008

... And Today It Happened

Despite my brush with near disaster yesterday, I failed to learn my lesson. No, I didn't leave my car at work, but I did the next best thing. I hopped on the bus and headed home, as usual, got off at my normal stop at the Houghton park & ride walked into the parking lot, started looking around, and then thought to myself, "where the hell did I park?" And since I'm so tired today, it took me a few moments to realize, I parked at the South Kirkland P&R this morning. Damn it.

Not wasting any time feeling stupid, I quickly started making plans. There isn't a bus that goes between the two, so at best it was going to be a two bus trip to get to the other P&R. My first thought was that the 245 would take me down to 108th, and from there I could get on a 255 or 540. That would be the most direct way, but not knowing the schedules for any of those routes, and knowing it is only about half a mile down to 108th, I just started walking. I stopped at the Starbucks on the corner to drain and subsequently reload my bladder, then walked out the door just as the 255 was pulling up to the stop. I hopped on, and after it all, got home only half an hour later than usual which wasn't bad all things considered. I still feel like an idiot though.

No comments: