Saturday, March 01, 2008

Free Agency Casualty

The Seahawks have now suffered their first free agency casualty. Josh Brown bolted to the Rams for a big stack of cash (5 years $14.2 M). I liked Josh Brown both as a player and a person. He genuinely seemed like a nice guy. So it's a shame to see him go, but it's hard for me to imagine a kicker is worth that kind of money. So I guess it's time to put a new kicker on the shopping list. I really doubt we'll go after a free agent, so I expect to pick one up in the draft. Although Ryan Plackemeier handled both kicking and punting duties in college, so maybe we can get him to do the same in the NFL. That would come with the added bonus of opening up a roster spot for a real player.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He was my all time favorite Seahawk kicker. Perhaps the only kicker to ever tackle Devin Hester. Oh well, though. Probably not worth the money the Rams gave him, though.