Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pizza Day!

I was just told yesterday that today is pizza day in the office. And as the hour approaches, I can barely contain my enthusiasm. I've been jonesing for some pizza for a long time and the hour is almost here. The last few times they bought pizza for us, they got Pagliacci's, which I don't really care for, so I hope they get something different today. Pagliacci's is edible, but the crust isn't any good and is frequently still doughy in the middle, and I don't think the quality or quantity of toppings are sufficient.

Rumor has it that some Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza is in my future. And while hardly a gourmet pie, I do prefer the Hut to Pagliacci's, especially the stuffed crust. We all owe a debt of gratitude to Pizza Hut for finding a way to cram just a little more cheese into a pizza and make it that much more unhealthy. What I really want though is a sausage crust pizza. Somebody needs to invent that.

And what is the occasion for the pizza you may ask? Well, most of my department is getting laid off and their last day is Friday. And what better way to say thanks for the years of hard work and get the hell out of the building than with pizza. Good times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That really hit the spot. I'm going to have to get my fat ass down to the gym though.