Thursday, March 20, 2008

More Adventures In Shipping

Well, undaunted by previous experiences, I ordered more products online and had them shipped to me. Amazon was kind enough to employ the services of UPS. 2 days later my package was sitting down in the condo office waiting for me. That's how it's supposed to work. God bless the good people at UPS.

The story doesn't end there, however. I walked over to the office, and the only woman working there was on the phone, and before I said anything, she said, "just a minute and I'll get your package for you." I didn't really think anything of it, I just assumed that she had guessed that was what I was there for. So I began biding my time by looking at things around the office until she got off the phone. Once she did get off the phone, once again without me saying a word, she walked over and grabbed my package from the 10 or so sitting on the shelves.

Now there are hundreds of units in my complex. I just looked up the web site, and it says 770. I don't go into the office that often. Usually only when I do have a package to pick up. I would guess maybe half a dozen times a year. Maybe as many as 10 times a year. Not often enough that I would recognize the woman working there if I saw her somewhere else. So at this point, all I can think is how the hell does she know who I am. And since it just had my unit number on the side of the box, how does she know which unit I'm in? I still haven't gotten to the bottom of that mystery. The only logical explanation I can come up with is that I'm just so damn sexy that my image has been seared into her memory. Nothing else makes sense.

But the important thing is UPS got my package to me without difficulty.

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I think you should ask her out!

Anonymous said...

hubba hubba

Unknown said...

No, there will be no asking out going on. She's not my type.