Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Wedding Crashers

Today's quote of the day comes from the Wedding Crashers:
"Grief is nature's most powerful aphrodisiac."

I just watched this movie again, and if you haven't seen it yet, drop whatever you're doing and go watch it right now. It is one of the funniest movies I've seen in years. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn really play well off of each other, and even though he doesn't really have a comedic part, Christopher Walken is pretty funny in his own weird way. Sure, there is some low brow humor, but it doesn't go overboard with it. The movie for the most part maintains it's dignity. And I think the funniest scene was when Vince Vaughn was making balloon animals and some kid yelled at him, "shut your mouth funny guy and make me a bicycle." I don't know why, but that cracks me up every time. Come to think of it, any scene with Vince being verbally, physically, or mentally abused is pretty funny.

A lot of comedies tend to lose their humor at the end as they try to wrap up the plot, but the Wedding Crashers manages to stay funny throughout. It keeps throwing jokes at you while still advancing the plot. And Wilson and Vaughn have so much fun that if I ever get married, I hope they crash my wedding.

No comments: