Monday, November 12, 2007

Qdoba Is Mexican For No Good

There is a new Qdoba Mexican Grill close to the office that just opened up recently and I stopped in for lunch today and was thoroughly unimpressed. I got the taco salad with chicken, and the chicken was all dried out and the whole thing was pretty flavorless. And it was fairly small for $6.50.

I would have been much better off going 2 blocks down the road to Mi Charrito (which I have no idea what that means). I would have gotten fresher, tastier food and a much larger portion for the same price. Plus I would have been able to order it from someone who can count well enough to make correct change (the girl at Qdoba couldn't) and it would have been made by an authentic Mexican who doesn't speak English. I don't know why, but the guys who either don't speak English or barely speak English cook better.

So don't go to Qdoba. But if you find yourself around 45th and Brooklyn, stop in to Mi Charrito.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you work for Mi Charrito?