Monday, November 05, 2007

Subway Pizza

After being publicly challenged to consume and keep down a Subway pizza, I can say that I have now completed part one of the task and so far am well on my way to keeping it down. Yes, I will almost always accept such a challenge since eating is my extreme sport. Not eating vast quantities, but rather eating things of questionable quality. It all started when I was questioned why I would voluntarily eat a 7-11 chili cheese dog (or danger dog as I have dubbed it) and my response was that I did it for the adrenaline rush instead of something like bungee jumping. Anyway, on to the pizza.

My first impression upon receiving said pizza was $5.50 plus $.50 per topping is pretty steep for such a tiny little pizza (approximately 6" in diameter). But quality is more valuable than quantity they say, so I proceeded to eat it. I'm sad to say that the quality wasn't so good either. I believe they just bought some cheap frozen pizzas and enhance them with their own toppings. This makes it slightly higher quality than a standard frozen pizza, but not by much. I'd rather spend $.89 on a Totinos and roll the dice with the e-coli. The crust was way too thick on the Subway, 90% of the pizza consisted of crust by my estimation. The pepperoni and sausage that I elected as toppings were decent quality, and they did in fact throw some "fresh" mozzarella on there, but overall it was just a waste of time. Save your time and money and skip it.

And if this is my last ever post, then you'll know that the pizza killed me.

No comments: