Monday, November 26, 2007

Sean Taylor

If you haven't heard already, someone broke into Washington Redskin Pro Bowl safety Sean Taylor's house early Monday morning and shot him in the leg. Because of significant blood loss, he is in critical condition, and doctors fear he may suffer permanent brain damage. My thoughts and prayers go out to Taylor and his family.

I almost hate to admit it, but one of the first things that crossed my mind after hearing this news was "this is exactly why Tank Johnson is a gun nut". I couldn't understand why he kept his guns around after being arrested, suspended by the league, and cut by the Bears because of them, but for some reason professional athletes have become targets. Now I can better understand why he wanted to keep weapons handy.

I hate to turn this tragedy into a second amendment rant, so let me close by reiterating how saddened I am by this news and hope for a full recovery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sean Taylor died this morning in what should now be considered a homicide. The intruder cut the phone line so Taylor's girlfriend had to use her cell phone to call 911. Also, someone broke into the house last week and left a butcher knife on Taylor's bed. Sean Taylor was targeted by someone, this was no bungled burglary.

Pro athletes do seem to be targets these days...Tank Johnson feared for his life, Antoine Walker was bound and gagged while his home was robbed...and now Sean Taylor is murdered inside his home.