Sunday, November 11, 2007

Husky Game

The Husky game against Oregon State on Saturday was unquestionably one of the strangest games I've ever seen. Jake Locker left the game in the first quarter in an ambulance only to walk back into the stadium in the 4th quarter (and if I remember I'll share my own ambulance story this week). 4 players were ejected. OSU coach Mike Riley proved to be a hot headed jackass, which I blame for his team getting out of control (and 3 of the 4 players ejected were from OSU). The momentum shifted so many times that every time I thought OSU had the game wrapped up, the UW would suddenly come storming back. The UW benefitted from one of the worst, if not the worst officiating calls I've ever seen at any level of any sporting event and yet still managed to blow it. I saw a QB throw a block and pancake a defensive end, and despite the fact that he is a terrible passer, that earned a lot of respect from me for OSU QB Lyle Moevae. And I found out that OSU has a running back named Yvenson Bernard (pronounced Evanson oddly enough) who I would have sworn was Swedish by looking at his name on the roster but as it turns out is from Florida originally. All in all, just a strange game.

No comments: