Monday, November 26, 2007

Heat Miser

Thanks to a conversation I had with a coworker today, I've had this song stuck in my head all day.

And if you haven't seen A Year Without A Santa Clause before, what's your problem? It's a classic. It makes A Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street, Bad Santa, and all those other Christmas 'classics' look like a pile of puke. I have to warn you though, Rankin & Bass sure knew how to write a catchy jingle, and these songs will bore their way into your brain and take over your life, not unlike the creepy bug things that Kahn put into Chekov's ear in Star Trek 2.

And after learning some shocking revelations about my cousin-in-law about her unrefined cinema palate - in particular that she hasn't seen Conan and has no interest in seeing it - I wouldn't be surprised to find out she's never seen it, or possibly *gasp* has seen it and doesn't like it. The Conan news coming hot on the heels of the announcement that she gave up on Army of Darkness after half an hour has really left me doubting her value as a human being.

And to wrap this up, there are 3 important facts contained within this rambling, aimless mess:
1. Year Without A Santa Clause = good
2. Conan = good
3. Army of Darkness = good

2 comments:

W&MGrad said...

Hmmm, I think a fun-pack of chick flick DVD's might end up under the tree for someone this year......hee hee hee!

W&MGrad said...

In an attempt to redeem myself, I have my DVR set to record "A Year with Santa" on Monday AND I just put the Futurama movie on my netflix queue (although that is more for your cousin--as I said, I have a pavlovian/narcoleptic reaction to Futurama).

This in no way changes my views on "Army of Darkness"