Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Streak Is Broken

Yesterday I realized that not only had I worn a white shirt to work every day this week, I had also not spilled anything on any of said shirts. I don't know why I've been continuing to wear white shirts, it must be a subconscious thing or maybe I'm just in a white kind of mood. Anyhow, I ended up in a white shirt yet again today, but this time the tasty tasty gyros I had for lunch got me. I bit in to the deliciousness and a tomato bit covered in that cucumber sauce made a break for freedom and jumped out onto my shirt leaving a little yellowish spot. And my Tide pen that I bought for just such an occasion failed me and seems unable to remove the spot. I guess I should have known better than to push my luck, but in the early morning when I'm barely awake, I don't yet possess the decision making skills to select a shirt that won't show up so much if I spill on it. And I still contend that I'm at least 134% more likely to spill on a white shirt than one of it's colored brethren. It's one of those universal truths, like a dropped piece of toast will always land buttered side down. Anyway, we'll see if my sleep deprived mind will go for an unprecedented 5th straight day in a white shirt tomorrow morning. Don't stay tuned because there most likely won't be an update as it isn't really that interesting.

No comments: