Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Devil Was Making Them Lose

After cutting the devil from their roster, the hapless Tampa Bay Devil Rays have made the miraculous transition to the unbeatable Tampa Bay Rays this year. Their recent sweep of the hated Red Sox has not only made me very happy, it has given them the best record in baseball.

I have to admit that I didn't expect this dramatic turn of events. I never thought a name change would make any difference. I thought for sure that they would continue to stink this year. That being said, its still early in the season and they could easily fall apart the second half, but I would personally love it if they won the division over both the Yankees and Red Sox. I can only imagine the spending spree that would send those two teams into.

As of now it looks like it's shaping up for a Rays - Cubs world series. And since my finger started throbbing, leading me to stop typing for a few minutes, I have no idea where I was going with this anymore. I can only assume it was somewhere worthwhile. Probably not though.

No comments: