Monday, July 21, 2008

Dream Time

Today's episode of dream analysis with Scott actually occurred about a week ago, I've just been way behind on my posting. This dream started out in an office, where I was dropping off a resume to apply for a job (something awake Scott really needs to do sometime soon). I wanted to hand my resume to the hiring manager of the position I was interested in, but he was not in the office that day and instead I gave it to another manager who was on duty. He gave it a quick once over and was so impressed he offered me a job on the spot without even interviewing me. He offered me more money than I'm currently making, but the catch was he wanted me to work for him in sales. I didn't want to work in sales, so I debated in my mind whether I wanted to accept the position which would give me a raise and allow me to work closer to home, or roll the dice and wait for the job I was more interested in.

As I deliberated, an attractive woman that I used to work with bumped into me and invited me back to her place to watch a baseball game. Without a moments hesitation, I forgot all about my job dilemma and immediately followed her home. To my dismay, when I arrived at her place, I discovered that a current coworker of mine who is particularly outspoken regarding his political opinions was already there. Instead of enjoying a pleasant evening with an attractive woman, I spent the evening arguing with my coworker about John McCain. The woman quickly grew bored with our antics and fell asleep. I was devastated.

The next day when I went to work, I relayed this dream to my coworker and expressed my displeasure with him for ruining my imaginary date. He has promised not to do it again, but at this point I don't know if I can trust him anymore. He is, after all, a devious one.

No comments: