Thursday, July 24, 2008

Maybe I'm a Jerk

As I was walking from the bus stop into the office this morning, I saw a guy wearing a Luke Ridnour Sonics jersey, and my first inclination was to say, "hey, the Seattle Sonics don't exist any more you idiot, why don't you move to Oklahoma City?" But before I opened my mouth, I realized he was a pretty big guy - maybe 6'2" 260 or so - and thought that if he took offense to my remarks and wanted to start a fight, I would end up exerting way more energy than I had planned on at this time of day. I sure don't need that in my life. And so I kept walking but began to wonder if maybe I'm a jerk. I pondered this for another block and that's when I saw an indigent man on the other side of the street wearing a plastic Safeway bag as a hat. I found that odd and it distracted me from thinking about being a jerk. I then turned the corner, briefly wondered how much longer I would wander around before extracting the pebble from my shoe (it wasn't a very big one, just mildly annoying) and then walked into my office where I will no longer have the opportunity to ponder whatever nonsense pops into my head. Maybe that's for the best, I don't really know. All I can say for certain is that once I arrived at my desk, I removed the pebble from my shoe and at least that won't concern me anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you could get away with that comment to someone like me or Wayne. But complete strangers, that would come off like you were a jerk. But no I don't think you're a jerk.

That fact that you wonder about that kind of thing shows you're not....

Unknown said...

Oh man, I was all ready to start sending cards out to people, but I get some kind of error message and it won't let me. The jerks that run that site dont' know how to program or something. Or maybe they've figured out a way to make it jerk proof. Either way, thanks Lina.