Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Necklaces

I was looking at an unusual ornament on a woman's necklace today when I suddenly became concerned that she thought I was staring at her cleavage. I quickly averted my gaze, but then got to thinking, maybe that's why women wear necklaces. The magic of gravity tends to turn a necklace into an arrow of sorts pointing directly at the aforementioned cleavage. Is it possible that this has been the intent all along? A way for women to subtly direct your attention downward? Is it possible that it is entirely subliminal on their part? When this occurred to me today, I was absolutely shocked that I had never considered this before. Perhaps it is this very obliviousness (I'm not sure I didn't just make that word up) which has resulted in my perpetual singletude (I'm pretty sure I did make that one up). But if the light is finally starting to turn on, then there is hope for me yet. Not much, but a faint glow at the end of a very long tunnel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well first off .....

You should have been doing the correct guy thing by looking at her breasts instead of her necklace, then you wouldn't have been concerned about looking away. I mean they wouldn't be juggling out there if she didn't want people to look.

I know, shiny, blingy things like necklaces distract us sometimes. But think of it as good training to just rememeber to concentrate at staring at women's chests that are wearing low cut outfits. See problem solved........