Sunday, July 06, 2008

Dreams

I've got a weird one for your psychoanalysis today. Last night I dreamed that an enormous woman - at least 50 feet tall - was chasing me through a grocery store intent on eating me. I kept running down all of the narrow and crowded aisles so that she would have trouble following me. But try as I might, I just couldn't shake her. I guess hungry women can't be stopped. Needless to say, she eventually caught me. She picked me up in her enormous hand and as soon as I got close enough to her mouth, I took a good solid swing at her. That's when I punched the headboard and woke myself up. One bloody knuckle later I never found out how this dream was going to turn out.

I think that the large woman represents - I don't really know, my fear of large women I guess. And that would mean that her trying to eat me represents my fear of being eaten by large women. It turns out that dream analysis isn't one of my strengths.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fear of women is a natural and can be treated:

'Hypnotherapy helps to reprogram your subconscious "programs" that may be part of your fear. When these programs are "de-bugged" the symptoms of Fear Of Woman often are minimized. However, some people don't like the feeling of loss of control in allowing someone else to play with their personal "software". '

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Dr. Phil. That's more insightful than usual. You are usually master of the obvious.