Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy Canada Day

Today I got to see the Mariners celebrate Canada Day by sweeping Toronto and sending the large amount of Canadians in attendance home with their heads hanging. It was a great day at the ballpark. It was sunny and warm. We officially got rid of Mike Hargrove, although we may never know why. That's 8 wins in a row for those of you scoring at home. I can't remember what the M's record is in games I've attended this year anymore, but I do know that they have won 5 of the last 6 I've been to. Good times.

I do feel the need to once again state that it never ceases to surprise me how many Canadian baseball fans are foul mouthed, belligerent drunks. They really like to come across the border, get sh*t faced, and see how close they can come to getting beaten up or arrested. I don't have any figures on how many of them were ejected from the stadium this series, but if I hear, I'll pass it along. Don't believe the lies that Canadians are friendly and polite. It's just not true.

They weren't all bad though. The cute Canadian girl who sat in my section today is welcome to come back any time she likes. And even though she looked pretty young, I'm pretty sure that with the exchange rate, she was legal. And before I get any comments telling me what a dirty old man I am, let me say for the record that I am joking.

And once again, what's the deal with the funk blast? I don't know how much more of that I can take.

No comments: