Friday, July 13, 2007

No Crap


I'm always intrigued when Woot offers the famous Random Crap. First off, I'm way more curious as to what's inside each bag than I should be. Second, I'm simply awestruck by the incredible popularity of said crap. People fall all over themselves to get a crack at some crap. Since this went on sale on Thursday, they have had almost 4,000 comments on their web site about it. Mostly people who are thrilled to finally get their grubby little hands on some coveted crap. I haven't yet fallen victim to this clever little trap, but I fear it's just a matter of time before curiosity gets the better of me and I roll the dice to see what I get. I have no doubt that I'll get something that will immediately be thrown away, and that has been what's held me back thus far. But on the other hand, hearing anecdotal evidence, or maybe just flat out urban legend, of people getting things like plasma tv's keeps me interested. If I actually did buy a bag of crap and got a plasma tv though, I would crap myself. I'll have to check back later when people start receiving their crap to see what they actually got. I'm not a gambler, but this might be what turns me into one.

No comments: