Sunday, July 08, 2007

Scott The Movie

Now this is something that I'm a little embarrassed to say I've put a little to much thought into, but here it is anyway. So the big question is: when they make the movie about my life, who will get the coveted role of Scott? Obviously, the first names to come to mind will be Brad Pitt and Arnold Schwarzenegger. But, while Brad is a fine actor, I'm not sure he has the dynamic range to fully capture my personality. And Arnold is a close physical approximation, but I feel that most people will have trouble getting past the accent. Besides, with the governor gig he's got now, I'm not sure he'd have the time.

So what this leads me to is an actor that I'm not sure many people would think of, Owen Wilson. Granted he doesn't look much like me, and he talks a lot more, but I think he's got the right sense of humor. Plus, even though he is a lot more verbose than me, he is not gregarious and has that quiet, low key demeanor that I am known for. He would have to grow his hair out more though.

I haven't yet decided whether to cast Jessica Alba or Eva Mendes as my love interest yet. Perhaps there should be more than one. Yes, I think that would be the smart move, so both shall now be in the movie.

Several more roles have yet to be cast, so if you are going to be in the movie, submit your suggestions. I will say now though, that no one will be playing them self. That never works out. I think William Shatner will be playing the role of Pat, seeing as how they have similarly misplaced egos. Devon, my nemesis, will be played by Michael Moore, whom he is only slightly more annoying than. I'm thinking Jeff Bridges for the role of Shelvis. Maybe Wayne Brady for the role of Wayne. The Molitor will be played by Chris Rock. Lyndsay will be played by Lindsay Lohan. And since I am obviously out of ideas, I'll stop now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would be played by Jimmy Smits or Lou Diamond Phillips...both of them could use the work...although, if I keep packing on the pounds I might be played by increasing in body mass index by the second Jon Favreau...

For you I would cast Jason Bateman...

Lyndsay said...

Lindsay Lohan? I don't see rehab in my future anytime soon. She is a talker though so that fits.

Kris Gray said...

Keanu Reeves

Unknown said...

Actually Lyndsay, I couldn't really think of anyone for you and just went with the first person I could think of with a similar name.

Continuing with that trend, I would have to cast Jesse 'the body' Ventura for Jesse. And since I can't think of any actors named Scott off the top of my head (but I can think of several musicians), I'm going to have to stick with Owen Wilson.

W&MGrad said...

Yes, William Shatner would be a good choice...but it would have to be William Shatner in his "big hair days" to fully capture the magic that is Pat.

Devon said...

Let's be honest here. If some Hollywood bigwig decided to flush their career down the toilet and make this, I seriously doubt they would pick Brad Pitt, Arnold, or Owen Wilson to play the tragic lead role. Granted, an argument could be made that this producer/director/ studio exec would've obviously lost their grip on reality by even considering something like this, but I have to believe that the kind of psychosis that would allow them to cast Owen Wilson would've been noticed long before and they would be safe in a rubber room somewhere.

The first actor I could think of to play this fantasy would be John Ratzenberger. That's right, Cliff Clavin from Cheers. Although you might need a "young Scott" too. Based on that earlier posted picture, I'm going to go with Jonathan Lipnicki, although I don't think he's quite goofy looking enough.

And if we were trying to make this at least a slightly true-to-reality bio-pic, then it wouldn't matter who played the love interest, as long as she gave really good "creeped out" looks to your character and stayed at least 10 feet away at all times.

...dude, you make this too easy...

Unknown said...

I didn't realize the Michael Moore casting decision would hurt your feelings so much Devon. But rest assured that Scott the movie will be a blockbuster, critically acclaimed around the globe, and possibly even on some other planets which have yet to be discovered.

Anonymous said...

Well since we're staying with people's first names to be consistant with actors...
In the spirit of William Shattner, how about Scott Bakula plays Scotty?

I figure if we're hip deep into Star Trek already I say we go the full way.