Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wife Beater

Today when I got on the bus I saw a young guy, maybe 19 or 20, wearing sagging jeans and a wife beater, slouching down in the back seat about as far as he could without falling on the floor. Basically looking like a complete loser. And I really couldn't help thinking, for longer than I'd like to admit, that, first, no one should own a wife beater unless they are planning on making a guest appearance on Cops, and second, under no circumstances should anyone ever wear one in public for any reason, unless that brain dead trailer trash look really appeals to you. I still am unable to wrap my mind around why someone would intentionally dress like that.

This was only part one of the mystery. Part two was that this waste of space had a fairly cute - albeit kind of slutty - girl with him. Think Britney Spears circa 2003 or 2004. About the time she started up with the similarly trashy Kevin Federline. And I couldn't, and still can't seem to understand what it is that would make a girl who is good looking enough to attract a normal man want to go after someone like that. Is it that they hope to one day upgrade to a double wide and they think this is the kind of guy to make that happen? This girl could easily have gotten herself a man who wouldn't eventually cheat on her with her best friend, or possibly her sister, or possibly his own sister.

I could go on for hours wondering about this, but I guarantee you it would only get less interesting. If I think about it any more, I might lose sleep. Perhaps there is no answer to this.

2 comments:

Devon said...

jealous much?

Unknown said...

No, not jealous at all. Just baffled as to how anyone could look like that much of a dirtbag and still get a girlfriend.