Sunday, July 15, 2007

Random Thoughts.....

.....after another weekend of baseball.

First off, it looks like Weaver is back to sucking again. He gets a few bad calls, or a few things don't go his way, and he just gives up. We need to get rid of him.

I saw more Detroit fans with casts on their right hands this weekend than I could believe. Is this the new fashionable thing to do in Detroit now?

On a sunny warm day in Seattle, there is no better place to be than Safeco Field. Except maybe Alki Beach. Point being though, if you haven't been to a game on a sunny day yet this year, make sure you get to one before it's too late.

Red Sox fans suck. No particular incident brought this on, it just occurred to me that I haven't said so in a while, and I didn't want anyone to forget.

I think the most entertaining part of Sunday's game was watching the two cute women at the bar. Actually, one was pretty cute, and the other was just ok looking. Anyway, these two sat there knocking back drinks for a couple innings in relative solitude, or at least as much solitude you can get in a stadium with 40,000 people in it. But eventually they had enough to really start showing signs of intoxication. At this point, losers started descending upon them like vultures on a dead carcass. They didn't have to buy another drink the rest of the game. There were deadbeats all over them, trying to get their pictures taken with them, looking for an excuse to wrap their arms around them and get a cheap feel. I couldn't help thinking, if you are a woman, and you are hoping to snag yourself the most desperate guy you can find with nothing else going for him but the willingness to spend some cash on your drinks in the hopes that he will eventually get into your pants, then hang out at a bar and act drunk. At the same time, I also couldn't help thinking, how many more drinks would it take for these already tanked women to look over in my direction? But perhaps the only thing standing between me and a three way was .... no, even as a joke I can't bring myself to finish that statement. Let it be known, Scott likes his women sober. Although sober women don't seem to like Scott, so that presents quite a conundrum. Also this whole dilemma has somehow caused Scott to start speaking in the third person for no apparent reason. At least one of these problems will be resolved as I vow to stop speaking in the third person, at least for the time being.

No comments: