Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Preliminary Draft Predictions

I'm still struggling to decide if the Raiders are stupid enough to draft JaMarcus Russell or if they'll take Calvin Johnson. Currently I'm leaning toward stupid.

But the latest news is that Adrian Peterson has reinjured his collarbone and may not be able to play for another 3 months. I think that this will drop him just enough that somehow Denver will be able to trade up and get him.

I think the Lions will take Calvin Johnson #2. They won't be able to resist another top WR.

The draft seems to be pretty deep in defensive linemen and safeties and I think the Seahawks will grab one of each. I'm kind of intrigued by Walter Thomas, but since character concerns are an issue, it's unlikely he'll wear a Seahawk uniform. Right now I'm going to predict that they take Brandon Mebane with their 2nd round pick.

The final prediction for the day is that the Bills will draft Marshawn Lynch. There will be much complaining from the Shelvis household about what a dumb move this was, but by the end of the season, Shelvis will have a man crush on him.

These predictions are subject to change without notice.


***Update*** Shelvis will need a change of pants after the Bills announce the selection of Marshawn Lynch.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Slightly to the contrary, just following the Bills espn.com message board has gotten my excited about lynch. My god man! just search for him on youtube and there are a billion amazing highlights. Lynch would suit me just fine. Oh and of course the Bills desperately NEED a RB. Give me Lynch. Hell yes.

Shawn said...

I also would like to mention that I agree with you that Jamarcus Russell will be a bust. He is literally the posterboy. I would kill myself if the seahawks staked their future on Russell. I expect the same from Raider nation on saturday.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the Seahawks will shoot for the best player available since they don't have too many obvious weaknesses.

DT and OL are definitely weak points. Also TE is a big convern and possibly depth at DB. My guess as to someone we probably have a shot at is Manny Ramirez and he will probably fit well since we seem to like drafting guys from Texas. Also a hard worker and a team leader which fits the Seahawks drafting profile over the last few years.

Also we could use a TE who can block, catch and in general isn't a head case. I don't know if we have a shot at him, but Ben Patrick sure looks like a fit for the Seahawks as he has the skills and is smart. Something Stevens never exhibited.

Anyhow that's my guess, but there's no telling what we'll be up to in the draft.

Pat