Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Another Great Start For Felix

There aren't many things to get excited about when it comes to the 2007 Seattle Mariners, but Felix Hernandez is definately the biggest thing to get excited about. Unfortunately today's game was a 4:00 start so I missed the first 6 innings, but managed to catch the end of the game and have to say that Felix Hernandez is the real deal. He pitched a complete game shutout against the Red Sox in a game the whole world was watching. Because of the Daisuke Matsuzaka/Ichiro Suzuki showdown, it was a nationwide broadcast, and I believe Japan took a national holiday to watch the game. In front of a sell out crowd at Fenway - home of the most obnoxious jerks in the world no less. And with all that pressure, Felix almost threw a no-hitter. The only hit of the game was a ground ball back up the middle in the 8th inning that just got past a diving Jose Lopez. I can't begin to express how excited I am about this kid, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's going to win the Cy Young award this year. He will be pitching in Seattle again on Tuesday the 17th, so get your tickets now.

*note - the comment about Red Sox fans being the most obnoxious fans in the world is not a matter of opinion. I have been working for the Seattle Mariners since 2001 and have seen fans from everywhere and can say that my extensive research has proven without a doubt that the Red Sox fans are the worst. I hate them to such a great extent that I have begun to root for the Yankees purely out of spite. And if anybody reading this is a Red Sox fan, let me just say - you know what I'm talking about. Don't pretend it isn't true.

3 comments:

W&MGrad said...

As someone who worked 1 block away from Fenway Park for two years, I can attest to the baseness of the Red Sox fans. Worse yet, as someone who rode the T to work every day--including mornings after home games--to Kenmore Square, I can tell you that Boston fans really can't hold their liquor...

Anonymous said...

Worse than Philly fans, even? Are you sure? Those guys huck batteries, you know....

-Wayne

Unknown said...

Well, the Philly and Oakland fans are borderline criminals, but there are only about 6 of them each. To quote Stalin,"quantity has a quality of it's own."