Thursday, April 05, 2007

More Bike Trails

Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels is pushing a $240 million plan to add more bike trails and bike lanes in the city. Realistically, I don't know how many cars this will get off the roads, but it should help a little. Plus, if it will get those stupid bikers off the roads and onto a trail, that should clear up some congestion and make the roads a little safer. I honestly don't know how bikers can stand to be on roads without at least a bike lane. I think they are taking their lives in their hands with the way people drive around here. But I digress. I do hope that in 30 years or so when they finally get around to replacing the 520 bridge, that they will throw in a bike lane too.

1 comment:

Devon said...

Boy ever since that stupid tunnel idea of his went down in flames he's really started to wise up. Now let's hope the governor starts thinking in terms of emphasizing alternative transportation when this whole viaduct fiasco goes down.

I especially like this part "Police crackdowns against cyclists who run red lights, and against motorists who turn in front of bikes."