Sunday, April 15, 2007

3-0

After the 14-6 ass whomping the M's put on Texas today, they are now 3-0 in games I have attended. Either I need to go to more games, or I need to stop going before that all changes. Either way, I guarantee a Mariner win on Wednesday as Felix takes the mound against Carlos Silva.

Anyway, with the NFL draft just around the corner, it's about time for me to start studying up. I need to defend my prognostication skills, although if I can successfully predict who the Seahawks will take with their first pick, late in the second round, I will officially declare myself a psychic and buy some cheap airtime late at night promoting my new 900 number. Right now my big problem is trying to convince myself that the Raiders actually are dumb enough to draft a QB with the top pick, despite how horrible their offensive line is. And this is my major downfall in past predictions. I spend too much time thinking about who teams should draft, instead of thinking about who they probably will draft. One thing is certain though, the Lions will draft Calvin Johnson if he is still on the board. They may not have had a lot of luck drafting receivers in the first round, but that won't stop them from doing it again. So hopefully before the end of the week you'll get my picks. I may need a little prodding to make that deadline though, I've been exceptionally lazy lately.

As of now, the ESPN.com mock draft has the Seahawks taking Tank Tyler, DT, N.C. State. I can guarantee you that won't happen. A relatively underachieving headcase is not someone Tim Ruskell is likely to go after. Right now I'm leaning toward them going with an offensive lineman, but I'll have to do some homework and see who's likely to still be available when the Hawks pick. NFL Draft Countdown has them taking Ben Patrick, TE, Delaware. That's an interesting possibility, but I don't really see TE as being a top priority. I have to think the priority would be OG, DT, CB, TE, FB in that order. And don't be surprised if Holmgren talks them into grabbing another QB at some point. But I'll save the rest for later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't the Raiders need another kicker or punter?........

They seem to spend high draft picks on those two positions far too often.

If the Raiders could trade down then they probably should. The rumor has it that it's really hard to trade down this year due to the thinness of the draft selections. Really what the Raiders need is to trade down and get multiple picks to fix their lines. Maybe a good RB would be a good grab as well. They really need to stay away from QBs and WRs who are both notoriously difficult to draft.

Pat