Monday, April 02, 2007

Opening Day Wrap Up

First off, let me just say damn it was cold at that game. Where is all this global warming Al Gore keeps promising me. I could have used some today. And here we go with the random thoughts:




I can tell it's been a while since I worked because my feet were really getting sore toward the end of the game.





Felix Hernandez looked great. If he can pitch like this all year, then he will win the Cy Young and the M's will win at least 25 games. 8 innings, 3 hits, 0 runs, 12 K's tonight.


The M's defense in the infield is as good as any in the game.


The M's are still going to have a lot of problems scoring runs. There just aren't enough guys who can hit. And I don't know how many more 25 foot singles Ichiro can beat out like he did today.


There are too many guys named Jose on the team. We need to trade or cut at least one.


I love opening day. Even when it's this cold, it is just a great time. And the sun even made a short appearance.


Tara has got to be the cutest ball girl in the league.


I really don't want to have to go back to my regular job tomorrow.


I got a free hotdog today, and I don't want to look a gift horse (or dog) in the mouth, but the stadium dogs just aren't very good. As a matter of fact, most of the food isn't very good. I sure had a craving for some garlic fries going though.

I also realized that for some reason, putting 2 pictures next to each other really screws up my formatting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, no cameras allowed! How'd you get out of work, anyhow? Did Safeco field make a trade with Safeco Insurance for a bag of peanuts or something?

Now, if every other pitcher can keep the other team from scoring we might be able to squeak out a couple....

-Wayne

Unknown said...

Still cameras are allowed. Just not video cameras.

And I took a vacation day from Safeco so I could go work opening day.