Monday, December 31, 2007

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Just when I thought I'd received all my Christmas gifts, I opened the mailbox today to find one last thoughtful gift from the King County District Court - a jury summons. The notice tells me that it is a privilege to serve jury duty, so I will have to make sure to thank everyone down at the courthouse for such a wonderful opportunity. But wait, there's more! In addition to this privilege, I will receive the princely sum of $10 a day! What an honor.

I haven't gotten a summons in many years now, so I guess I've been dodging this bullet for a while. I was really getting annoyed with the repeated summons I received in my late teens and early 20's, so I guess I've earned a couple years off. Now I'm just hoping I get a high profile case so that I can land a book deal when it's all over.

No comments: