Saturday, December 15, 2007

13 Hours

I somehow managed to get approximately 13 hours of sleep Friday night/Saturday morning. For those of you scoring at home, that's more than 2 night's worth based on the roughly 6 hours a night I estimate I've been averaging in recent weeks/months. The sad thing is that I've still felt tired and sluggish all day. I don't know how many 13 hour nights I need to pull of to get caught up, but here's hoping that tonight does the trick.

And what's really troubling to me is that I don't know what has caused this recent bout of insomnia. I either have difficulty falling asleep, or I keep waking up throughout the night, or I wake up and can't get back to sleep, or a combination of all three. By the end of the week, I'm just a zombie at work.

Now I'm a little ashamed to admit that I cheated on the 13 hours. I couldn't have pulled off such a feat without performance enhancing drugs - in this case Unisom. And they typically don't do the trick more than one night in a row. I seem to build up a tolerance to things with amazing speed. This means that I'll get suspended by the sleep commissioner and won't be able to get another good night sleep for a couple weeks. At least I got my one moment in the spotlight.

No comments: