Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pro Bowl

Congratulations to the 6 Seahawks heading to the Pro Bowl in February. In case you haven't heard yet, Walter Jones is going for I believe the 26th consecutive time and this time he is taking Matt Hasselbeck with him as well as 4 defenders. Marcus Trufant is long overdue and I think has been very underrated for years. Unfortunately for the Seahawks, it happened in a contract year. That'll cost us. Patrick Kerney, Lofa Tatupu, and Julian Peterson should come as no surprise to anyone. I'm also pleased to see Ken Hamlin get voted in despite playing for the hated Cowboys. I really never thought he'd return to form. I'm also glad to see Sean Taylor get voted in posthumously. That's a wonderful gesture, although I'm sure it pissed off the hateful, bigoted Shelvis to no end. Get over it man.

But what this all really tells me is that the Seahawks really do have a good chance to make it to another Superbowl. It may be a cliche, but defense wins championships, and the D has been solid this year. If we could just get some consistancy on offense and somehow find a way to piece together some kind of running game, we're in business.

No comments: