Monday, December 17, 2007

The Ventures

Congratulations to local band, as well as my Uncle's all time favorite band The Ventures for finally getting elected to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. Innovators in surf guitar, they have sold over 90 million albums in their career, and lacking any evidence to the contrary, I am claiming that they are the most successful instrumental group of all time. I have been to see them live twice now, and they still put on a great show despite getting on in years.

If you've never heard them before, then here's a clip of them playing live at the EMP about a year ago. And as a matter of fact, the announcer confirms my statement that they are the #1 selling instrumental group in history. I'm not sure why Nokie Edwards was playing bass in this show, he usually plays lead guitar. Anyway, enjoy.

No comments: