Monday, December 24, 2007

The Curse Is Broken

I am pleased to report that with the help of Stevie Ray Vaughn, I have finally purged the previously mentioned song which I will longer acknowledge from my brain. Hearing Stevie tear through Voodoo Child in the best version I have ever heard is truly a joy. If you have ever flipped by PBS during their pledge drive, then I have no doubt you've already seen the Live From Austin City Limits show before. I believe that Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble have single handedly kept PBS afloat for the past 7 or so years. They play that show at least a half dozen times every pledge drive. As a matter of fact, that may be the only time I ever actually watch PBS. That's not entirely true, I do watch the travelogues occasionally. But I usually speed past as quickly as possible. Anyway, if you somehow have never seen the Austin City Limits show, then something is wrong with you. Also, you should now watch Voodoo Child immediately. And if you wish to send me a $50 donation, you will receive a stylish duffel bag in 6-8 weeks in addition to the heartwarming feeling you will now doubt have for contributing to such a worthy cause. If you want to keep seeing quality programming on this blog, don't hesitate to send in your donations.



And I nearly forgot to mention - after watching Stevie Ray, I proceeded to watch some old Thompson Twins videos and got King For A Day stuck in my head for a short time before eventually reverting back to Voodoo Child. I sure do love cheesy 80's pop.

No comments: