Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Take A Seat Rex

The Chicago Bears have finally benched Rex Grossman. I still can't believe he's managed to keep his starting job for as long as he has. Sure he has had stretches where he looks like a pro bowler, but he has always followed those up with longer stretches of looking like a deer in the headlights.

Brian Griese is getting the starting job. Personally, I would have gone with Kyle Orton, but I guess that's why I'm not a head coach. I don't think Griese is a very good QB, but at least he's an improvement over Rex. What I really think the Bears should do is find some way of trading for Kurt Warner. With him behind the wheel, I think the Bears are legitimate Superbowl contenders again. Even with all their current injuries. I'm also surprised they didn't make an offer to Byron Leftwich.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

trade matt hasselbeck to the bears. after greise fails they'll be on the hunt for another washed up qb.

Unknown said...

Ah, there's that Shelvis loyalty I know and love. One mediocre game, not even a bad game, and you turn on Hasselbeck like he robbed you.