Monday, September 03, 2007

Go Huskies

After watching the Huskies dominate Syracuse, I realized a few things, and also came up with a few more questions.

First, I realized that I'm sure glad it's football season. The Mariners and their craptacular 9 game losing streak helped me realize that.

Second, I realized that HDTV was created for sports. Football games are so much better in HD that I don't know if I can go back to standard. God bless ESPN for putting that game on HD nationwide. HD even made WSU look good, even though they got manhandled by Wisconsin.

Third, I realized that Jake Locker is a big, athletic, fast guy. I didn't get to see him throw enough to know what kind of passer he will turn into, but that dude can run. He's like a bigger Marques Tuiasasopo.

As for the questions, I just don't know if this game was evidence of a vastly improved UW team, or a horrible Syracuse team. I suspect it's probably a combination of the two, but it sure does make me more enthusiastic about watching college football this year. And it will make working with my office Cougs more bearable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Locker looked very promising to me. I think he already throws better that Tui at the same point in their careers. Let's just hope he doesn't get the Pickett or Mirer disease and get worse every year.

-Wayne

Anonymous said...

Syracuse was suppost to finish dead last in their conference this year. I'm not sure a victory against them shows you much other than the Huskies can go on the road and win. Which is an improvement over the last few years. They do look a lot better than the last few years, but they may be the competition or lack there of.

Anonymous said...

Well now they're 2-0 after thumping Boise State. I kind of seem to remember when the Huskies were favored playing those Idaho schools.... But I digress.