Monday, September 24, 2007

Overbearing Oregon

The state of Oregon has demanded the vanity plates back from all members of the Udink family because it deems their plates offensive. UDINK1, UDINK2, and UDINK3 have several derogatory meanings according to one Oregon official. Not only is it a sexual reference (and I thought I'd heard them all), but it is also apparently a racial slur. The first person who can tell me what race the word dink refers to wins free praise.

I just can't help wondering how much more ridiculous our government can get, particularly on the west coast, in it's ongoing effort to ensure that no one is ever offended. I will predict right now though that by 2010, we will have completely eradicated everything offensive in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, every Vietnam War movie I have watched has at least one 'dink' reference in it when discussing Vietnamese soldiers...so I'm going with Vietnamese = Dink

Unknown said...

And the free praise goes to Jesse.

I've never heard that term before. All I ever remember hearing in any of the Vietnam war movies is gook, I don't ever remember hearing dink.