Monday, September 10, 2007

Smellovision

I had always thought that smellovision was a joke, but it turns out that back in the 50's, somebody actually tried to market this. As odd as that is, it's nowhere near as strange as the news that people are attempting to bring it back. Now my first thought is that I very infrequently see anything on tv that makes me wish I could smell it. As a matter of fact, I could go on at length about all of the things I wouldn't want to smell. I will spare everyone that though.

To me, the bigger concern is developing popcorn lung, a disease I have only recently become aware of. Since the odors of the smellovision are created by releasing chemical scents into the air, I can't help thinking that there is a risk of developing some kind of disease as a result.

The whole thing just sounds like a bad idea to me, and I can't imagine very many people being interested.

No comments: