Monday, September 24, 2007

Cowboys Run

I had been planning on waiting until I watched this movie before writing a review, but at this point I'm not sure I'll ever get around to it. My thoughtful sister gave me a copy of the David Hasselhoff western for my birthday. As you can see from the cover art, this is surely a riveting film full of strong character development, thought provoking dialogue, complex plot twists, and some top notch action. If there isn't a bar fight I'll be crushed.
A few things that I have taken note of so far:

According to Rotten Tomatoes, it is also known as Don't Call Me Tonto. At this point I'm not sure if Cowboys Run is an improvement or not.

Not one professional review has been written. That can only be a good sign, right? I guess that means I still have the opportunity to pen the first professional review.

It was directed by Alan Smithee. This particular fact really bothers me. How can the director have been allowed to take a Smithee on this one. He (or she) had to have known what he was getting into with the Hoff involved. He must have really needed that paycheck. I assume that he had some boat payments to make.

I may have to arrange a viewing one of these days. Anyone interesting in wasting a good solid hour and a half of your life is invited. I'll provide the popcorn.

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure why, but sometimes pictures f up my text formatting and it upsets me. This will not be tolerated in the Craw Fu regime.

No comments: