Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Where's Hugh Jackman

I was just thinking that I hadn't seen Hugh Jackman in anything in a while - The Prestige is the last thing I can remember him in and that was close to 2 years ago. I know he's working on a Wolverine movie, but it seems like he's been pretty inconspicuous for a guy who so recently was one of the biggest box office draws. And according to IMDB, he hasn't been in anything I've heard of since then, except lending his voice to Happy Feet (which I didn't see). Is this the end of Hugh Jackman?

While looking around for info, I stumbled upon the trailer for Ghost Town. It looks kind of like a comedy Sixth Sense but without any kids. I think Ricky Gervais is pretty funny in most of the stuff he's in and so have high hopes for this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugh was in "The Fountain", directed by Darren Aronofsky and co-starring Rachel Weisz in November 2006 (he was fabulous in it!) and "Deception" co-starring Ewan McGregor and Michelle Williams in May 2008. He has "Australia" directed by Baz Luhrmann and co-starring Nicole Kidman coming out on Nov. 26 and "Wolverine" comes out on May 1.

Anonymous said...

The Fountain, voice for Happy Feet, voice for Flushed Away, Deception,Viva Laughlin on telly, Australia upcoming this November, Wolverine next year. Where have you been?

Unknown said...

The Fountain got horrible reviews and I avoided it. Viva Laughlin I also heard was bad. Deception I've never heard of, Australia I've never heard of. I guess he's just stopped doing movies I want to see.

Anonymous said...

Man, you're just not paying attention. FYI, The Fountain, in spite of the reviews, was a very interesting and creative film, but it was not for everyone. It's one of those art-house films where you actually have to think! What a concept!

The upcoming film "Australia" took almost a year to complete, and was filmed entirely in Australia. It's going to be a sweeping epic. He then filmed "Wolverine" also in Australia, and recently made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con in San Diego to promote the film.

There have been many articles on several of the various movie websites talking about these films.
Where have you been?