Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I'm Back

But for how long..... I've been so tired and busy lately that I really haven't had the time or interest in blogging. I had a half written post about the Seahawks that I finally had to delete when I realized that there had been 2 games since I started writing it. And as if that weren't bad enough, it seems like everyone around me has been experiencing some degree of pain, suffering, or tragedy. There have been some really strange issues, some issues I don't know about - I just know something's wrong, and one particular friend that is going through something so bad that I can hardly think about it without wanting to cry.

It's been difficult to find the motivation to talk about anything but on the positive side, has significantly curtailed my normal whining. It's really hard for me to complain about my petty problems with some of the issues other people have been dealing with. And to everyone who is going through difficult times, it may not mean much but you're in my thoughts and prayers.

That being said, let me lighten the mood by bringing you this story about an Illinois man who lit another man's pants on fire while he slept, presumably because he was a liar. And it should go without saying that alcohol was involved.

In completely unrelated news, my continuous search to find someone to play tennis with came to an end today. It's been over a year since I've been able to talk anyone into playing tennis and my physical therapist finally ended the drought. I'm happy to report that even with a mangled finger, being severely out of practice, and being out of shape, I did all right. I've referred to myself as the Babe Ruth of tennis before, but today managed to keep all of the balls inside the fences. That's quite an accomplishment for me.

No comments: