Thursday, September 18, 2008

Avenging Unicorn

I'm not usually one to collect or play with toys, but have to admit that I'm amused by the Avenging Unicorn play set. I'm not sure what exactly the unicorn is avenging, but I assume being driven to extinction. Who knew it was the fault of mimes? It also appears that what looks to be a hippie and maybe a mormon missionary may have been involved as well. Whatever the reason, it should be clear, don't get on a unicorn's bad side. I was able to find a silent movie on youtube of the afore mentioned unicorn in action, but alas it was three and a half minutes long and not all that interesting. If you would like to catch a few seconds of it to sate your curiosity, however, here you go. It does feature some enjoyable ragtime music. I'm pretty sure it's by Scott Joplin but since the only songs of his I can name off the top of my head are The Entertainer and The Maple Leaf Rag, and it isn't either of those, I can't tell you the name of it. I would guess one of his other rags, perhaps the Fig Leaf Rag.


Anyway, I've gotten off track a bit. Also available for your pleasure is the Avenging Narwal. It is teaching those evil little cute baby seals a lesson as well bringing justice to a penguin and for no reason whatsoever, a koala bear. And apparently both are available right here in Seattle at what has to be the weirdest toy store on earth - Archie McPhee. I can't believe I've never heard of that place before.


Finally, to complete my super, off track adventure, I found a super cool video of some guy named Adam Fulara playing the Maple Leaf Rag on a double neck guitar. This is one you have to watch. Damn I wish I could do that. This guy is 100% awesome.

1 comment:

Benny Hu said...

what, avenging unicorn!!!