Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Smoking Jacket

I think I want a smoking jacket. Unfortunately, in this day and age they are a little hard to come by and a little pricey. A quick search of the internet turned up the stylish number on the left from Salvatore Ferragamo. But with a hefty price tag of $1,660, I don't think that will ever hang in my closet. More likely is this number. Quite a bit more affordably priced at $51, it still allows it's wearer to feel pompous. Made of imitation silk, it's what I imagine emperor Qin Shi Huandi wore while smoking.


I'm making it my mission to bring the smoking jacket back into style. But if Hugh Hefner couldn't do it, I'm not sure I can either.


And now for today's completely random plot twist: I like toast. I had 2 slices of toast with dinner and my apartment still has the delightful aroma wafting about. I don't know why, but just an ordinary piece of toasted white bread with some butter on it is a treat.

No comments: