Monday, September 08, 2008

Do You Want To Be Rich?

Do you want to be a superstar? Baby you already are, you already are.

I don't know why, but I've got the itch to listen to old Sweetwater again, but what are you going to do? I've actually had the song Everything Will Be Alright stuck in my head for a couple days, and for some reason can't find tabs for it on the internet anywhere and am not a good enough guitarist to figure it out on my own, but since I think I posted the video for that song last time I got the itch, I'll go with Superstar this time and I'll also go with the unbelievably long run on sentence that should, by rights, cost me my grammar god status. This song gives me Rich Amaral flashbacks though.

Incidentally, this may be the only video ever shot on the observation deck of the space needle. If there has been another one, I don't know about it. Also, to the best of my recollection, the only video ever shot on the Bremerton ferry was the MXPX tune Move To Bremerton. Hands down the biggest band to ever come out of my high school, they were a couple years younger than me and I never knew any of them, but my brother was friends with at least one of the guys but I couldn't tell you which one. I guess that's not saying much though since I couldn't name another band from my school. I did hear that one of the guys I knew - Ryan Carter - tried out for the Black Crows though. I don't know if there was a better guitarist or if he just didn't smoke enough weed, but he didn't get the gig and his dreams of glory died there. I'm not sure what became of him, but probably nothing interesting. This trip down memory lane has been brought to you by Sweetwater. Please watch their video below.

No comments: