Monday, August 18, 2008

A New Hope

I set out to avoid any puns involving Hope Solo's name, but ultimately was unable to resist. I'm just proud of myself for keeping it subtle and combining the hope and Han Solo references into one convenient package. Anyhow, the point is that I think I've now found the woman of my dreams. Look at those beautiful eyes. And also, it was difficult to find a picture showing those elegant hands. Most of the pictures of her she is wearing her giant goal keeper gloves - they look kind of like the oversized Mickey Mouse gloves.

But I digress. Not only is she exceptionally beautiful and a world class athlete, she is from Seattle! That means that in the unlikely event that I bump into her somewhere around town, I can get rejected in person.

I played a little goal keeper myself growing up. I don't know how Hope got roped into it, but if she's anything like me, what happened was that the regular goalie got hurt, I volunteered to fill in because I wanted to try something new, and then it turned out I was pretty good at it and even though I didn't want to play goalie any more, I couldn't get out of it. Whatever the circumstances, she's way better than I ever was and is capable of easily blocking any attempt of mine to score.

2 comments:

The Chuckman said...

Damn you and your stealing of my thunder! Nice closing line, wish I'd gotten to say it. :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad somebody appreciated that. Most of my best one liners are for my benefit only.