Sunday, August 10, 2008

Don't Ever Call Me Home Skillet

First of all, I love the show Psych. Where else would you hear a sentence like the one above? And I have to say that after singing the praises of the DVR, mine betrayed me. For some reason it just went nuts on me and started recording random nonsense and listing it as Monk. One "episode" recorded for 5 hours. That one at least started with an episode of Monk before recording the next 4 hours of whatever was on afterward. Once it filled up all the empty space, it began deleting previously recorded movies and episodes of tv shows so that it could record more "episodes" of Monk. The Seahawks game that I'd only had time to watch the first quarter of? Gone. Apocalypto? Gone. My unwatched episodes of Wild China? You guessed it, they will remain unwatched. I checked the schedule and they won't be replayed. I even checked Hulu, and no luck there either. Luckily Netflix has them, but I'm still not happy about it. The only show that wasn't a casualty of my runaway DVR before I reigned it in? The latest episode of Psych. I had to immediately watch that so it wouldn't disappear by tomorrow.

I really want to reboot my DVR after this experience, but to do that I'd have to boot it a first time, and I think if I did that I might have to buy a new one. Since Comcast charges me a monthly fee for it, I wonder if I can get a month free or some other compensation if I complain enough. I sure would like Comcast a lot more if they gave me something other than irritation. Somehow I doubt that's going to happen though.

No comments: