Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Hits Just Keep Coming

For those of you who claimed I was too harsh when referring to the dog cloning woman as "creepy", she just keeps getting creepier the more I hear about her. First off, Mel brought it to my attention that this is the same woman who 31 years ago, kidnapped a Mormon missionary in England, handcuffed him to a bed, and kept him in bondage as a sex slave. Even more disturbing is that her reaction to this is disappointment that people choose to focus on "garbage of the past" than the uplifting story of her dog cloning. "I think I gave people too much credit," she said. I think she is delusional if she really thought people would just overlook something like that.

In a 1977 court hearing, McKinney said she had fallen in love with the man in
Utah and followed him to the UK. "I loved him so much," she told a judge, "that
I would ski naked down Mount Everest in the nude with a carnation up my nose if
he asked me to."


But it turns out the story doesn't end there. It has also come out that this same woman is suspected of plotting a burglary in order to procure funds for a prosthetic leg for a horse. I had given her the creepy label just based upon the initial irrational behavior I had heard about and the truly disturbing photos I've seen of her. I still have great difficulty seeing pictures of her without experiencing feelings of great unease. I think at this point that it is just a matter of time until she is placed in an institution, at this point I'm not sure whether to say penal or mental, at which point the question of what will become of her dogs will come into play. It would be rather ironic if the dogs ended up being put to sleep. There may be some difficulty finding a home for them.

I will leave you with the following excerpt:

David Crockett, Miss McKinney's lawyer in the Tennessee
case, described Miss McKinney, who lived in North Carolina at the time, as
"a rather bizarre character, and seems to have a strange circumstance
now."

"She is bold to put herself on worldwide television," he said. "She
must know she's a fugitive in at least one state."

He recalled she had two or three dogs in her car when she met him to
speak about her case. "There was a strong aroma about her, and I told her this
needed to be taken care of before I went to court with her."


Let me just say that I am amused by her hiring Davey Crockett, in the state of Tennessee no less, where according to the song the historical Davey Crockett was born in the woods. I am also curious as to precisely what aroma she had. I would assume alcohol, but with the twists and turns this story has already taken, I can't assume anything at this point. Finally, Davey must not be a very good attorney if he is going to the press with damaging information about his own client, unless perhaps he is working on an insanity plea.

2 comments:

The Chuckman said...

"I would ski naked down Mount Everest in the nude with a carnation up my nose if
he asked me to."

Is there a way to ski naked NOT in the nude??? Though, perhaps there are other places this woman needs to focus her attention...

Unknown said...

I once skiied not in the nude, but I was also not naked. So no that's not physically possible in my experience.