Monday, August 04, 2008

The Big Tease

I don't know about you, but I think that the tease of the upcoming story before a commercial break is going to go away soon. Both on radio and tv. Whenever I hear, "what longtime Seahawk is hanging up his cleats? Find out after this" the first thing I do is go on the internet and change the channel because I know it's Chris Gray before the commercial break is over. The news is traditionally the worst offender - 'what common household item causes cancer?' has become a joke. I've noticed that Bob, Spike, and Joe do that every morning on KZOK too. I think sooner or later they will realize that they lose viewers/listeners by doing that. I just find the whole tease to be annoying and ultimately counter productive. So don't fall for it. Use the internet for it's intended purpose and become a more selective viewer/listener.

No comments: