Monday, August 25, 2008

HD Madness

Sunday afternoon I made the mistake of stopping by Fry's. It turned out that they were having an HD DVD blowout sale. Everything must go. They had an Xbox 360 HD DVD player for only $40. Too bad I already have one. Most of the movies were $11.99 and I was unable to resist purchasing several. I even picked up a copy of 300 since it was only $10 and I don't even like that movie. I'm watching it now and I'm torn between joy at how good it looks, laughing at how ridiculous at times, and rolling my eyes at the blatant homo-eroticism. But even though it's history as told by the WWF (come to think of it, I guess they are the WWE now), it still looks amazing. I was also unable to resist $40 for the unbelievable Planet Earth. $10 for Transformers, $12 for Letters From Iwo Jima, and $12 for Blood Diamond and I was finally able to pull myself away.

Movies in hand, I got home to find a 65" 1080p LCD tv on woot for only $2300. It took every ounce of willpower I could muster to not order one of those. Luckily for my bank account, the danger has past and they are all gone. But I'm still convinced that forces are conspiring against me to empty my wallet with every HD deal on the planet. I'm only a man, I can only resist so much.

3 comments:

The Chuckman said...

I'm currently trying to think of 300 ways to kick your ass for bashing that movie. Sure, if you think about it, it's ridiculous, but tell me you didn't enjoy the gratuitous violence, nudity, and gore; and I’ll show you a man who…really, I got nothing, because I can’t fathom a man who didn’t. :p

If it helps, I understand that was a comic book; I doubt you’d be so quick to pick it apart if it was animated?

Unknown said...

Well you better bring a big boot because nothing's going to stop me from bashing that movie. That's one of my favorite past times.

And I like my gratuitous violence to be more real. That move was one anvil away from being cartoon violence.

Shawn said...

my advice is avoid renton. If you do not follow my advice, pack heat. trust me. Renton bad.
shelvis