Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Chinese Red Panda

I recorded the documentary - Wild China - that has been showing on the Travel Channel recently and so far have only watched the first two (of six) episodes, but I'm already ready to pack my bags and take a vacation there myself. More importantly, I have now decided that I want a pet Chinese Red Panda. I think they look more like a cross between a fox and a racoon than a panda or any other bear, but it's still cute. Dogs are banned at my condos, but as far as I know it doesn't say anything about pet bears in the rules & regulations. I just don't know where I'll get enough bamboo to keep it full. And as you can see in the below video, they are small enough to be house pets. I really don't see any down side to this. Now, if somebody can just point me in the direction of the closest pet shop that has one, I'll be right there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude! we have bamboo plants at my house-i'll be your supplier if you let me play with your panda (obvious dirty joke insinuated)

Anonymous said...

You may not be able to get a red panda at the local pet shop, but you can adopt one

Anonymous said...

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Support/AdoptSpecies/AnimalInfo/RedPanda/default.cfm

Unknown said...

First of all, little Bitey (that's what his name will be) would love to play with anybody who gives him bamboo treats. He and Zeus could be friends.

Second of all, I saw that adopt a panda link and couldn't quite figure out how it works without doing a lot more reading than I was ready to do. However I assume I give some foundation some money and they send me pictures of "my" panda and that's as close to it as I ever get.